For Sale: Chateau Le Barben has 1000+ Years of History
758.614 acres (307 ha) is the proud size of the property with a large hunting ground for deer, game, and birds. Additionally is crossed by two rivers, very famous for fishing.
The castle, with its outbuildings, has a total surface of 55,810.88 sq ft (5,185 sq m). Alongside the château there is the guardian's apartment, a studio in the watchtower and a gatehouse fenced with a wall.
After an extensive development of the estate by the current owners it is time for you to
add your touch to the property.
Easy International Accessibility
• 20 Km from Aix en Provence City center
• 30 mins from International Airport
• 30 mins from highspeed Train TGV
• 307 Hectares of terroir (substantial vineyard development potential)
• 5.185 m2 Surface area (incl. outbuildings)
• 10.000 m2 of gardens designed be André Le Nôtre
The more than 1000-year-old castle “La Barben” (Castrum of Barbentum - latin), is
mentioned for the first time in the year of 1064 in a property registration of the abbey
Saint Victor de Marseille.
As one of the former properties of King René, during the 15th century, La Barben was
sold to the family De Forbin in 1474 and remained in the hands of the illustrious family
for 500 years.
See Below for Photos